Wednesday, September 22, 2010

JAMES BLUNT DOESN'T LIKE TWITTER

While discussing his forthcoming album, “Some Kind of Trouble” James Blunt had the following to say about his experience with social networking. “I have a Twitter account which my label and management want me to do and I can’t engage with it in a way they want me to. They want me to say ‘I’m eating this for breakfast’ and I’m upset about this in the world today.’ The world wants public figures to over-share and I don’t feel comfortable doing it, so I kind of enjoy the way the songs try to speak for themselves.”

That being said, Blunt still feels the best use of celebrity is to use it to shine the spotlight with those doing good. On previous concert tours he raised funds for Doctors Without Borders and he continues to work closely with Friends of the Earth to increase awareness of climate change.

The first single “Stay the Night” should be hitting the air in late October and is described as a sexy, acoustic-guitar driven, party song about “singing ‘Billie Jean’ and mixing vodka and caffeine.” If you can’t wait for the official release there is currently a version of the song circulating on YouTube.

Overall the album is described as being delightfully upbeat and uncynical. Blunt says, “It captures a bit of the mood of the early ‘80s. There was a global atmosphere in the West that we could do anything – the same optimism we felt as teenagers.” ‘Some Kind of Trouble’ really captures that same sense of freedom and excitement and naivety.”

Look for it to hit the shelves in early November.

No comments:

Post a Comment